Debate: Standardized Testing vs. Authentic Assessment
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
Proponents of standardized testing argue that schools must be held personally accountable for the achievement of every student. Standardized tests are the simplest and most effective tool for measuring student progress and teacher success across the nation.
Opponents argue that while schools should take student achievement seriously, they should not be penalized for students who do not meet state determined achievement goals, as long as students make progress. Furthermore, standardized assessment is not an accurate reflection of teacher performance.
Based on your experience in early childhood education, and additional research, choose a side in this debate and argue either for or against the use of standardized test scores to determine teacher performance.
In your answer be sure to include the following:
- Clearly state your position.
- Discuss developmentally appropriate educational practices in your response.
- Cite research to support your answer.
- Avoid generalizing and instead cite specific examples (these may include personal experiences from your teaching).
- Suggest an alternative form of assessment that is authentic and developmentally appropriate.
- Cite at least two references.
ORIGINAL WORK ONLY!
The post Standardized Tests appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.
Custom academic and business writing services. You made my dreams come true! I got better results than any other student for a very complex capstone project! Your company is very helpful. Thanks! Would you like to make your academic life easier? We offers you a perfect chance to buy essays online and let our writers take care of your academic achievements! Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions